First Radio Interview

This morning I had my first radio interview to promote the BOW shooting workshop for disabled women that I've been organizing for the past 6 months.  It's coming up quickly so have to get in any last efforts to get the word out.  The interview went well I think...as far as I could tell.  Will find out this Saturday when it airs on Ultimate Outdoors Radio at 8am on WTSO 1070.  It will be in the archives on their website on Monday, so if interested you can check it out then by going to http://www.ultimateoutdoorsradio.com/.

It was a quick 5-6 minutes.  Didn't even have time to get nervous.  And the guys interviewing me...the "Ultimate Team" of Wally Banfi, Terry Frey and Gary N-Ski, were great.  Gary called me 3 times the previous day so I'd know what to expect.  Even so, there were things I wish I would have said but first time was good experience.  I was able to put in a plug about DHM though which was a bonus!

The important thing was getting the word out about the workshop.  I'm getting excited.  Looks like there will be an outdoors writer there to interview the participants and take photos so he can write an article and get it in the Wisconsin State Journal.  I shouldn't be surprised...there hasn't been an event of this kind done before, and it's really great that people in the outdoors arena recognize that & want to help promote such a cause. 

For details on the workshop, view the event flyer by going to http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/bow/wihome/Shooting%20Sports.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment